Blank on Blank is digital media startup building and broadcasting an archive of journalists’ lost interviews. These are unexpected stories from the well known and universal tales from everyday Americans. Blank on Blanks reach listeners online, on mobile devices, and on public and satellite radio.
Now we are searching for a creative, smart, driven intern to help work on a big project set to launch in early 2012. We are currently accepting applications for a three-month internship beginning in October. Journalism students and young journalists interested in helping shape new frontiers in multimedia should apply.
You will work directly with Blank on Blank’s executive producer and founder on everything from social media and editorial production, to administrative duties and outreach efforts to journalists and filmmakers. This position may lead to more opportunities in 2012 and can be done remotely from around the country.
- Journalism student or individual with journalism experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in turning audio interviews into new multimedia
- Must be able cull choice content from extended interviews
- Creative thinker with strong knowledge of social media, Twitter, and Facebook
- Experience with WordPress blogging platform
- Familiarity with online photo archives, Flickr, etc.
- Ability to work remotely with access to fast, reliable internet connection
- Ability to commit at least 10-15 hours per week
Blank on Blank provides a weekly stipend of $100 and individuals may arrange to receive school credit upon completion of the internship.
To apply send a creative cover letter of no more than 350 words, resume as a PDF, and links to online work to email@example.com with “Blank on Blank Internship” written in the subject line. Please visit blankonblank.org to learn more about what we do.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.